Sunday, January 24, 2010





I am most certainly not posting my Not Me Monday post on Sunday because I always have time on Mondays to contribute fully to the blogging world. My life is perfectly organized such that tasks with the word "Monday" in them always get accomplished on said day of the week. Important activities like blogging, laundry, and ummm... showering never go undone.

I did not witness the unbridled joy in my husband's eyes when he spotted the Construction Corner at the Children's Museum. I would never giggle as he outfitted himself and Elle in hard hats and protective eyewear while giddily mumbling words like "circular saw", "sandblast", and "nail gun". Elle did NOT not share his enthusiasm, and clearly did not give me the look of desperation that could only be translated as Please get me a baby brother, Mom. Please.





I most certainly did NOT indulge my daughter's requests of "Hat?" "Hat?" Hat!" as we made a "quick" stop at Macy's. I clearly did not whip out my iPhone camera for a mini fashion shoot while she donned Kentucky Derby-esque garb. My child is always perfectly content to sit (ha) quietly (HA!) in the cart while I accomplish various errands. I would never think of abandoning an entire cart of groceries somewhere in the frozen foods section (so sorry Harris Teeter employees) because I had returned E to a sitting position 6,428 times and simply couldn't do it again. I do not proudly call the following montage "Elle Meets Macy's"







And finally, I did NOT justify an impressive lack of portion control (even for me) at Moe's for lunch today with the fact that they now have whole grain tortillas. I would never consume several times my body weight in Moe's delicacies under such auspices. Nope, not me!

2 comments:

Rosemary Clark said...

Glad she looks happier in the fashion hats than the construction hats! So cute : )

Sarah said...

Imma have to agree with Elle about the baby brother (or sister!) :D