Monday, May 17, 2010

Elle-isms

Over the last couple of weeks Elle has started talking in full sentences which has completley revolutionized her ability to communicate with us (for better or worse!). She is absolutely hilarious and we just roll in the floor laughing at some of the things she says. It also makes me realize how often I must say certain things that I hear her repeating-- e.g. "Here you go, Mama" when handing me something, and "Holy Cow!" when she sees her plate at Cici's Pizza or Moe's. I am completely amazed that she understands so much. I've said a thousand times I need to start writing down things she says, so here is a sampling of Elle-isms that I've recorded over the past 24 hours:

Baby lay down I need to change diaper (followed by forceful laying of baby down on changing mat)

Mommy strap da baby in (after I buckle her seatbelt thingy in the wagon, with baby sitting across in the other seat)

Sit up Baby! (when the above activity fails to hold Baby in an upright position)

Mama show Nanny da button (when Nanny gets to the page with light-up fireflies in the Bug Book)

Look baby, airplane! (Like her mother, E narrates life... most recently preceded by the statement "Look, Mama/Daddy/Sandy/Kelly/Baby, or my personal favorite, Look elephant, Peee-nuts!"

Medicine make Elle all better (this one brought tears to my eyes... after being such a trooper taking nasty medicine... such a trusting little one)

Baby chicken egg (no idea where this came from. I assume someone somewhere taught her that baby chickens come from eggs... that or this was a completely serendipitious combination of words)

Look Mama, no battery! (After looking at the bottom of many animated toys and me telling her that was "the battery", She picked up a simple plastic car and showed me the bottom. No battery! Seriously, Elle? Pretty clever.

And my favorite perfectly Elle comment: We were driving around downtown Gboro looking for Mellow Mushroom and E kept saying Pizza, Pizza!... Jay told her we'd be there in FIVE minutes, and to be patient, he'd tell her when it had been a minute. Well we got distracted looking at street numbers and we hear her pipe up from the backseat, "Daddy, been a minute!" Love. Love. Love this little smarty pants :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a cutie! Love the Elleisms.:)