Thursday, June 24, 2010

Elle for President

If a less-than-2-year-old could run for office, my child might be debating which room of the White House she should move her crib into. The kid is a charmer. She runs up to complete strangers and greets them with a killer grin and sweet "Hello". Somehow always tailored for the individual at hand, i.e. selecting an airplane and running it to a little boy in Toys & Co. earlier today with some judicious batting of the eyelashes and a demure "Here you go!" She is ever the entertainer/social butterfly and can capture the heart of just about anyone she encounters from the greeter at Costco ("I give Big Ed card!") to the mechanics (at Costco) and the sample hander-outers (yup, at Costco): "Did she just say I wuv Hummus?". Umm, can you tell where we went today?
She ADORES her friends, remembers everything about them (true politician style) and never forgets a name. One morning on our way into school E kept pointing to the 6 or 7 year old girl in front of us saying "Emma! Emma!". I wasn't sure what she was saying (assuming it was some permutation of mama) but one of the teachers told me "Elle knows ALL the big kids". Hmmmm.... I fear that may come back to haunt me.


E even plays hostess to inanimate friends as the tea party pics below demonstrate. We eventually served them a 4 course meal (except the bear who, surprisingly, is a vegetarian) and the giraffe who insisted he just wanted coffee. The full event was not photographed as Elle's guests became a bit rambunctious and her butler/Mom noticed some scratching of the Presidential table by the sharp (?!) edges of a plastic carrot.








Shake some hands, kiss some babies...


If elected, I promise to fill the world with pony rides, tea parties, and puppies.


My cabinet will consist entirely of pigtailed girls. Even if they try to lick me while I'm hugging them.

The First Boy would likely be this guy, E's boyfriend at school and Dad's nemesis.



Important meetings with international leaders would be held aboard Wagon Force One.



I said No more Off-shore Drilling!


This photo would be hanging in the Oval Office somewhere...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute! She's got my vote. :)

Anonymous said...

Ella Kate would vote for her for sure! We have elaborate tea parties/bday parties almost daily! LOVE HER...she is a doll!