Sunday, July 4, 2010

Post for Daddy

I have been accused at times of maintaining a very Elle-centric blog (heck, I lead an Elle-centric life!), as if nothing exists in our lives outside of The Pigtailed One (wait... does it?)... so this blog is (mostly) about Dad. Jay has always been obsessed interested in cars, and recently has started doing a ton of his own mechanicy type work and discovered the adrenaline rush of tracking his death traps finely tuned vehicles. Initially, he had the daunting task of convincing me that he wasn't actually destined for bodily injury. Or worse, noggin injury. Fancy helmet, harnesses, and a Hans device later I'm pretty comfortable with it. And he loves it. He spent the weekend at a race school and E and I joined him Saturday to see Daddy in action.
Go Dada Go!

Impersonating the Chomp-Monster (another post entirely)

Entertaining a toddler for 10 hours in 90+ degree weather at a race track went much more smoothly than I had anticipated. I was most stressed about The Nap, but she slept soundly in the car-- and let me tell you, $20 in Suburban gas driving her around for that hour and a half was money well spent.
E had a blast seeing all the race cars and being the center of attention.


Of course, being this adorable is always a crowd pleaser.



Fueling up before the big race. Race cars now come standard with sippy cup-holders.


Drivers, report to your vehicles.

Last minute tech.



We had a great time watching you Daddy! We're proud of you!

Ok, so I guess this post didn't end up being entirely about Dad, but at least it started with good intentions, right?


No comments: