Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Elle-isms

E, after losing her train of thought mid-sentence: What was I going to say?
Me: I don't know, sweetheart.
E: I wasn't asking you! I was asking my brain!


E: Do carrots grow on trees?
Me: No, they grow underground.
E: Well, how does the farmer know when they're ready?
Good question, indeed.


Before I go to kindergarten, I'm going to learn every word there is. And in Spanish and French.

I believe it, kiddo.
To her daycare teacher: "I'm having scallops for dinner tonight. They're delicious and packed with protein!"


E, demystifying her dinner strategy: I like to eat the things that don't taste good first. Then they don't mess up the taste of the good things in my mouth.


Me: What did you draw?
Elle: Our family. Me and Elise are flying kites. But we're only holding onto them with our giant thumbs.


E is constantly making up songs, which often are comprised of nonsensical words or phrases, but somehow always end up rhyming perfectly. 


E: I better take a bath tonight so my friends don't think you're a bad Mommy who lets her kids stink.
Hmmm. I do vaguely remember using this as a time-for-bath argument in the remote past...


Me: Elle, that picture is gorgeous!
Elle: Thank you! Is it so beautiful that you want to stay awake all night looking at it?


E: "Take a picture of me doing my batgirl pose"

Destined for Broadway

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

my favorite is whether or not you wanted to stay up all night looking at her picture. :)