Monday, February 15, 2010

Be Mine



Often I find myself wishing I could inject a miniscule version of myself through some sort of magic microcatheter (can you tell I was on Interventional call this weekend?) into the brain of my child. When presented with her Valentine's Day bear, she promptly lifted him over her head and proceeded to WEAR him, as some sort of eclectic belt/fanny pack/corset accessory. Properly accessorized, she could giggle and flail about hands-free as she opened her musical card over and over (and over) again. When not embolizing bleeding kidneys, removing infected port-a-caths, or discovering the Tooth to Tattoo Ratio, I spent the holiday with my Valentine cooking shrimp and grits with andouille sausage and attempting to find a bit of romance in the incessant deluge of pages. Happy Valentine's Day!







Working on her car like Daddy.


Don't be fooled. While not the most aesthetically pleasing dish, these Charleston style Shrimp and Grits with andouille sausage were fantastic. And yes, I ate all that. And... ummm... maybe a bite or two as seconds.

No comments: