Thursday, August 19, 2010

Two.


In some crazy time-warp reminiscent of those green planters that Mario used to squat into in the old school Nintendo days, my baby is now officially two. I haven't the time nor the emotional fortitude to attempt pairing blog-worthy words with the enormity of the occasion. My baby. It seems like just yesterday, and yet an absolute lifetime ago that we brought the little wrinkly one home from the hospital, ready to take on the world from day one. And from day one she filled a hole in our family that we had no clue even existed. Not that there weren't wee-hour-in-the-morning conversations about listing her on ebay (well, maybe just once), or elaborate contraptions derived to eek out a few more minutes of sleep (may the velcro device never fall into enemy hands), or moments of collapse from utter exhaustion/frustration. But now that my first baby is officially no longer a baby, I know I would never trade a single moment for anything in the world.

Happy Birthday E, my precocious little one who communicates in full sentences and amazes me every day with your vocabulary, understanding of very grown-up concepts, your compassion for your family, friends, and various inanimate objects, and your sweet sweet smile. Why you think it's hilarious to lick my arm I do not know, but to hear that laugh I'll gladly be licked silly.

My mom says when I was very young I told her that I loved the periwinkle blue crayon so much it made my heart hurt. I think I remember how that must have felt, only now with the jumbo 164-count box of all periwinkle blues. Elle and Jay, you are my periwinkles and I love you more than you'll ever know.

Ready to party

E (enthusiastically) greets her guests

She might be smiling if Mom could carry a tune...
Before:
During:
After:

More After:

Waaaay after:

E opens clothes and takes the opportunity for an outfit change:
But deems pants an unnecessary accessory.

Giggling at Pooh's antics in a birthday book
Sous Chef Elle
Elle's 0th birthday
1st birthday

Happy 2nd Birthday Elle!

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

Can't believe she's 2!! What a precious girl!