Friday, February 18, 2011

The Plague


Presumably courtesy of the daycare petri dish, I am quarantined with some unholy combination of the bubonic plague, Ebola virus, and scarlet fever. I'll spare you the details but let's just say that my colon and I will never be friends again. So go ahead and cancel that lunch date, splenic flexure. Sitting in a (semi) upright position at the computer is the most strenuous thing I've accomplished of late, so in addition to being overdue, this post will be comprised of a few random photos and lackluster comments with no particular cohesion... or... let's face it.... coherence.

First, a Valentine's Day greeting.

That was the "Happy" part.

And this is "Valentine's Day", but with a super exaggerated tongue extrusion for the "L" sound. Drama queen plus enunciator = my child.

In keeping with the eccentric facial expression theme, here is the current "Cheese" face.

I think she must be watching Bewitched marathons on the We channel when I'm not looking... And yes, she eventually twitched the nose again and turned the dog back into her dad.


As promised, I have nothing clever to say about this photo. Only that I thought it was cute, and marveled at how grown up she looks in the ponytail and headband.

And finally, I leave you with the sight Jay and I witnessed when we turned our heads for 10 seconds at the little arcade at JP Looney's. Our seemingly innocent 2 year old wielding a very large, albeit plastic and bright orange, rifle asking me to help her find the reindeer. Oh. Dear.

Watch out boys.

I anticipate higher quality posts in the future. But for now, I have to start making friends with an internal organ that hasn't betrayed me...

No comments: