Sunday, January 30, 2011


Lest anyone get too excited, the newest addition to our family has four legs, not yet a fetal pole and crown rump length. Jack Jack joined the chaos that is our household this week after graduating from the New Leash On Life program through Forsyth Humane Society. The weeks before his arrival were met with much anticipation; E woke up routinely asking, "Is Jack Jack here yet? Is he done with school?" She helped build his house, and dutifully tested it out for him.








She packed treats to take to him on graduation day.



Of course, the thought of JJ snacking necessitated a snack for E too... hence the Cheerios. Equity amongst siblings I suppose.


I thought she would surely squeal her way into wet (Cinderella) panties when she spotted him at the graduation ceremony. You mean the Cinderella panties that were sent home from school wadded up with the pants that actually matched this outfit? Oh, right.



They instantly became best friends...



Tickling teammates...





Partners in crime...





Begging buddies...



And simultaneously spoiled by Nana.





E has started teaching Jack his letters. When she got to"D", she said "D for Dog. They don't have a picture of a dog in the book though." I think he got it.



The first day he came home it was raining and muddy outside, so we wiped Jack Jack's feet off when he came in. E is now obsessed with cleaning his paws whenever he's been outside, and he humors her with the greatest of canine tolerance. She then asks me to find socks for his feet, and gets frustrated when I don't oblige.


Trying to keep up with him on his leash, she panted behind exclaiming, "Jack Jack, you're killing me!"





And she will tell anyone with a pulse inanimate objects all about "my new dog whose name is Jack Jack who came home from school and doesn't pee inside he pees outside and when he pees outside we say good boy but if he stands up in the kitchen we say no jack and then he sits and we give him treats and throw his ball and he eats my toys and gives me kisses i like dog kisses his name is Jack Jack". And breathe.





Me too, Jack Jack. Me too. Welcome home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that, being a parent, I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick so I can give you more details if you're interested or if you were interested in new content for your blog.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com