Saturday, January 15, 2011

BGB

Big girl bed, that is.
Because I'm pretty sure cribs are on the "Do Not Bring" list for college (just under halogen lamps), we decided it was finally time to get E into a toddler bed. She was delighted with the transition, immediately pointing to the entrance area and asking me, "This is the place where I can get out? All by myself?" Ummmm.... precisely what I was afraid of.




Night One went fabulously-- she even circumvented the usually laboriously drawn out pre-bedtime routine, being perfectly happy with 1 reading of each book instead of the typical 400. In she climbed, and we didn't hear a peep until almost 12 hours later! Too good to be true, I assured myself.

And I was right. While bedtimes have been quite smooth, the elusive entity known by some as Naptime has been an utter disaster. Not that it has ever been a consistent staple in our household, but at least I could mandate "rest time" by caging her in the crib. Not so anymore. I can't physically force the Vehement Anti-Napist to lie down in her bed, nevertheless stay there. Sigh.

Nonetheless, my baby continues to grow up. Out of diapers and crib; college really is right around the corner. Now about that Lava Lamp...

No comments: