Sunday, June 12, 2011

Elle-isms


Capturing the hilariously entertaining things that erupt from my not-yet-3-year-old's mouth is nearly impossible with the rate at which they emerge. And doing so over a 3 month period just adds to the challenge. So here is a smattering of the more recent Elle-isms.

While trying to get Jack to catch a frisbee: "Jack, you're incorrigible"
At least she listens to me, even if she does project the quasi-discipline she hears onto the dog...


E: God lives in my heart.
Me: That's right, he does!
E: But not in my eyes, cause they blink.
Me: (Pause)
E: And not in my hair.
E: And not in my mouth. Because I probably might bite him.

How does one respond to that, anyway?



Upon coming downstairs in the morning-
E: Where are my shoes?
Me: Oh, we left them upstairs!
E: We forgot! We for-really-got!



Driving by a man in a Subway sandwich costume with just his legs sticking out of the bottom:
Me: Elle, do you see that dancing sandwich?
E: Yes, we can eat him! But we'll have to take the legs off first.



At Costco, wanting to play with the swingset on display way up on a super high platform
E: Can you get me up there to play?
Me: It's too high-- I'm not tall enough!
E: Maybe you could turn into a giraffe, then you'd be tall enough!



Out of the blue riding in the car-
E: Inside a volcano is magma.


Pretending to plant a garden in the yard
Me: That's a very nice garden Elle.
Elle: I am extremely very clever, Mom.


Indeed, Elle. Indeed.

No comments: