Saturday, October 22, 2011

Elle-isms

E on weather patterns:


Me: Look how foggy it is this morning!
Elle: We better go find Rudolph so he can save the kids!
Me: You mean help Santa?
Elle: No, not Santa. The kids.


Driving to school in the rain on Tumblebus day:
Elle: I'm going to ask the TumbleGuys if the bus has windshield wipers!
Me upon picking her up: Did you ask if the bus has wipers?
E: Yes! He said they have TWO!


Chilly fall morning, after refusing to wear her jacket:
Elle: We forgot my coat!
Me: No, we didn't forget. You refused to put it on.
Elle: I know, but it sounds better that I forgot.



Jay whistles. Elle asks him to stop. He does it again. And again.
E: Don't make me call your mommy!


Early one morning at the beach, in the parking lot at the grocery store:
Me: Elle, what should we get for breakfast?
Elle (with all the unbridled enthusiasm you can muster at age 3): FIBER ONE!!
 A group of middle-aged ladies nearby couldn't stop laughing. That's my girl.


Playing putt-putt at the beach inside a big Volcano, which starts making rumbling noises:
Elle throws down her putter and runs into my arms whimpering
Me: What's wrong?
Elle: It's going to get me!
Me: What is going to get you?
E: MAGMA!


Perusing books at the library:
E (loudly): Mommy, we can't get this one. It's not on sale.
Clearly she's heard that before :)



I asked her some question amidst baby carrot eating:
E (exasperated tone): Mo-om! It's hard to talk with carrots in your mouth.


Jay and I ever so mildly teasing her one morning:
Elle: THIS (insert overdramatic hand gestures here) is what I deal with.


And my personal favorite:
E chose as her souvenir from Disneyworld a set with Ariel figurine and innumerable tiny accessories. As an aside, whoever invented these infinitesimally small articles of clothing and accoutrements clearly doesn't have a child making incessant demands for them to dress and undress the character using what can only be described as microsurgery technique. They also do not understand the distress that results when a minuscule mermaid tail, fork, or heaven forbid Ariel's extra head (?!) gets lost. And they obviously did not witness my child, upon misplacing the 0.5mm in diameter Purple Sparkly Mermaid Bikini Top, running up and down the halls of the hotel announcing to housekeepers, other guests, and inanimate objects:
"I lost my BOOBS! Have you seen my BOOBS? My purple sparkly BOOBS?!"



Don't worry, Guadalupe the Disney housekeeper, we found them.











3 comments:

Cassidy said...

LOVE this post. Too funny!!

suzunc said...

hiliarious!

Rosemary Clark said...

Thanks for sharing! That was great!