Sunday, July 22, 2012

Latest round of Elle-isms

On the way to one of my (childless) colleague's house for a cookout, after having bought an industrial-sized pack of Barbie panties at Costco: Good thing I have all these panties... in case they ask me to spend the night!

Probably not going to happen E, but way to be prepared...
To the dance teacher, on the first class of a summer dance camp: Mommy bought me a new re-o-tard! Me, quickly and with an unbelievably red face: LE-LE-LEEEEotard. She means LEOTARD!


After a double-party day at school (ridiculous overload of morning and afternoon confections): Elle: Mommy, can I have dessert?
Me: Sweetheart, you've had 2 cupcakes, cookies, chips, and a popsicle at school today!
Elle: You forgot the gummy worms.


You're not helping your case there, kiddo...
Hanging out in the kitchen with us after finishing breakfast:
E (running off to the playroom): I've been spending too long doing grown-up stuff... time to play!"





Overheard from the playroom (singing): "I'll marry you once, I'll marry you twiiiice, but I won't marry you naked, Belle"
I'm probably going to get censored from Blogger for this...
After being cooped up in an air-conditionless house all day waiting for the repair man to arrive: "Mommy, I'm so bored that eating these green beans is fun!"





When said repairman finally arrived (8 hours late) he is accosted by Elle, hands on hips: Where were you? We've been waiting. I had to miss the dentist and my teeth feel yucky!


Don't offend him until he fixes the air, My Sassy One.

At Elise's baptism lunch: You're welcome for that cake, Mimi. Cause we brought it. 


I told her how to spell Thank You and she wrote this. Not bad for a 3 year old...
Walking out of a friend's birthday party:
Friend's Mom to Friend's Dad: Travis, did you get the keys?
Elle: Why did she call you Travis?
Friend's Dad: Because that's my name.
Elle: I don't think that can be a person's name. How about Tristan?



After waking up from nap to find that Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Brice had left for the airport after a quick weekend visit: This is the worst day ever! Send them a picture of my sad face!"



Seriously, does it get more pitiful than this? Heart. Breaking.

Me: It's Elise's half-birthday!
Elle: Does she get cake?
Me: No, she's not quite big enough for cake yet.
Elle: Well, can I have her cake then?



And, in keeping with the cake theme (a very important topic in our household indeed)
Me: Elle, can you please pick up that toy you left on the ground?
Elle: I can't, it will hurt my back.
Me, sternly: Elle, you will not get a backache from picking up your toys.
Elle: Pause. Giggle. Mom, that sounds like something a sheep would eat.... Baaaaa-cake!
Me, totally perplexed and finally getting it: It's sad when your kid's jokes are already over your head.

No comments: