Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Elle-isms

Providing vocals for one of the wisemen while playing with the nativity over Christmas: "Mary! Mary! Your Baby Jesus keeps eating my myrhh!"



Me: Goodnight sweetheart.
Elle: But Mommy, you can't go! There's something wrong with my bed!
Me: What's wrong with your bed?
E: It doesn't feel as good without you in it. 


Also at Christmas, out to eat while admiring the restaurant's decorations: "I just love Brixx this time of year!"
Always traveling in the opposite direction of life's giant arrow

Teaching Elise how to walk: No, no. Like this (demonstrating). Up on your two paws. 


Me: Elle, can you please go put on your socks and shoes.
E: Consider it done.


Grocery shopping with me in the pouring rain. I left the cart under the awning and took Elle to the car so I could load the groceries without getting totally soaked. While getting in her car seat and pulling out of the parking space, "I'm keeping an eye on our groceries so no one takes them. There's villains in this world, y'know."


Nearing Christmas, E approaches me with a guilty expression: "Mommy, is there a list for kids who have been mostly nice but just a little bit naughty?"


E: Mommy, can I spend the night with Grace for five hundred days?
Me: Five hundred days? I would miss you so much!
E: No, no, not 500 days in a row. Like a pattern. Our house, Gracie's house. Our house, Gracie's house....


In church, Elle quietly playing with pipe cleaners from the Activity Bag. Jay whispers (with accompanying gestures): Make me a ring?
E, obviously misunderstanding, replies in a shocked and completely non-whispering tone: No, Dad! I will NOT pull your finger in church!


2 comments:

suzunc said...

too cute!

Rosemary Clark said...

I love your Elle isms posts. I always laugh aloud at least once. : )