Monday, November 8, 2010

Music to a Mommy's Ears


"More spinach cheese pancake!" (She left out the 100% whole grain part, but that becomes quite the mouthful)



"Girls can do it good as boys"



"Books are Elle's favorite"



"Mommy, I'm amazing!" This, I surmise, came from a book she has about a cat named Splat, who by the end of the tale declares that he is indeed amazing. I couldn't agree more, E.




My personal favorite:





"Mommy, what's this?"

-Those are the squirrels and the chipmunks and all the animals that live in the forest.

"God made them for us".



After incurring a nasty laceration which led to about 1 billion times the anxiety per unit actual danger than the average procedure I perform on a daily basis at work-- I care about my patients, but they are Not. My. Baby.-- E cried for about 90 seconds as I scooped her up and held her tightly, then she whimpered the words that absolutely sum up what I consider to be one of my ultimate goals as her mom,


"Mommy will make it all better". Oh, E. For the rest of your life, that is what I am here to do.



No comments: